Thursday, January 22, 2015

I Got Old

So I have been 24 all of 5 days, and I have already formed an opinion on how I feel about it.

I'm nearly half way to 50. The grey hairs and wrinkles could show up any day now. 24 used to be something to look forward to when insurance price would drop, but now what do I have to look forward to? More credit card companies and spam contacting me. I got an email about my retirement plan...ON MY BIRTHDAY!! The looming guilt of not being close to finishing school yet. The ever prevalent question that Justin and I enjoy so much, "When are you going to settle down and have a family?" NEVER!! Is what I want to shout, but I just giggle the ridiculous question off and move on to the next subject..."Have you gained weight?" That's me in 26 years...

All I ask is that you treat me no differently than you would the Queen
Because obviously I rule.

I also have a new skincare and vitamin regimen to look forward to prevent old age and keep me looking young. I refuse to have wrinkles. I think I'll start dying my hair now so no one can catch my grey hairs when they decide to arrive.

And then there is Justin turning 30 in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to it only because he gets to go through everything first. At the same time, him turning 30 means, I'm next. UGH!!!

I'm not getting old, I'm getting better
Obviously! DUH!

Here's the difference between 23 and 24 though...I am in control of my life from day 1. So if 24 sucks, I have no one to blame but me. However, I'm not going to let this new year suck. I'm determined to live it to the fullest, enjoy every precious moment, drink less, remember more, love stronger, treat my body better, work harder, and meet everyone of my goals no matter what it takes. I was out of control at 22 & 23 which was understandable considering I'd been a goody-goody my entire life. At 24, I have no reason to still be rebelling and acting a fool all of the time, but it also doesn't mean I can't have fun every once in awhile.

Work Hard, Stay Sweet, Trust God, Love Deep
Perfectly said!!

While my over-analyzing self is hating 24, I'm going to make it a year to remember. 24 is the age I kick some ass! Bring it!!

-XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment