Monday, June 23, 2014

The Perfect Relationship

How freaking lucky am I?! It's one thing for me to acknowledge it, another for my family, but when my friends notice...that's a whole other thing. When one of my guy friends tells me he thinks Justin is "a pretty cool dude because he treats me so well," well that thrills my heart. I like to refer to our relationship as perfect.

Don't get me wrong...we are NOT perfect, but our relationship is. We put each other before ourselves, love one another unconditionally, and encourage each other to strive for better than settling. Oh, we argue. But at the end of the day we kiss and make up. We are occasionally ass holes to each other, but we forgive and forget.

Justin is the reason I am pursuing my original degree plan of architecture, why I have a job I love, and honestly, the reason I get up everyday. The last 2 years have been anything short of a disaster...I dropped out of college, dumped the man I planned to marry, worked for a company I absolutely despised, was forced to move up where I was shortly there after pushed to move to Temple with Justin against our better judgement, and struggled to find my inner-peace and fight depression. With Justin by my side I learned to love and trust again, found motivation for school, discovered a job with a company I am OBSESSED with, survived leaving my hometown while existing in a cohabitation state, and mostly how to love myself once again.

I have never loved anyone or anything the way I love this man. When I was 18 I thought I discovered love for the first time, and then, again, later that year I though I discovered it yet again. But I was wrong. This thing I feel with Justin...this is love. And it's growing everyday. I am more in love with him today than yesterday, and I am so lucky to have him by my side. This man has been through hell and back for me, put up with my sassiness, and lastly dealt with me basically telling him we are a couple (he agreed without hesitation.) At the end of the day, I get to go to sleep next to my very best friend, and that makes this daily struggle worth it.
What Makes Him Your Boyfriend? I Told Him He Was. -The Crosby Show

XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment