Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Birthday Princess's Ultimate Wish List

In honor of my birthday swiftly approaching (in 10 days), I decided to make my wish list. Like every other female on the planet, I am addicted to Pinterest and rightfully so. I have pinned all kinds of ridiculous stuff so it's hard for someone to sift through the stuff I actually want and the things that I just think are cool.

This is my wish list/list of items every 20-something female needs in her life:

1. I run my own business (click here to check out my website), and the need to stay organized is a must between work, my business, this blog, school in the fall, Tarley's appointments, Justin's schedule and appointments, and finding brief moments for myself to remain sane. I have been on a quest for a few years now to find the ultimate planner to the point that I got on the computer and attempted designing my own...that didn't work out so well. I happened across Erin Condren and instantly fell in love. After I decided I was going to cough up the $65 or so for this planner one of my Y-sisters posted about it too. Naturally I commented on her feed to see what she had to say about the planners. One of her friends told us to check out Plum Paper on Etsy because it was cheaper and a better selection and you could do add ons. I am all in for cheaper so when I went to check out these planners, I died! I can add pages for my business, blog planning, extra notes pages, and more. Plus the designs are adorable, and I can have it monogrammed!! Obviously this is a must, and they are half the price of the Erin Condren even once I started adding stuff.
Plum Paper 2015 Planner $31

2. Every girl needs a Little Black Dress. I have one hanging in my closet that I adore. It's slim fitting, the perfect length (which is hard to find for a short girl like myself), and has pockets. However in recent years, this slim fitting steal from Target no longer flatters my once athletic body the way it once did. I think I found the perfect LBD for almost any body type though.
Found on Pinterest with no website info, but its to die for regardless.

3. We are all aspiring Trophy House Wives, and every Trophy House Wife needs the most adorable measuring cups ever. These Mason Jar Measuring Cups are a must, especially for all of us Southern Belles.
You can get these Mason Jar Measuring cups here for just $12.99.

4. Since I could remember I've wanted a handgun. I actually remember being more excited about turning 21 so I could get my CHL and purchase my first gun than I was about being of legal age to drink. I've had my eyes on this babe for awhile. A 9mm is the perfect size and weight to toss in a purse when on the go for the extra protection (side note: please don't toss)! And for a small lady like myself, the Ruger LC9 fits like a glove in my hand. If you are lucky enough to know a guy who works at Academy that can give you the 3point5 hookup like myself, you should buy him dinner...or date him.
This Ruger LC9 is available for purchase at Academy Sports & Outdoors for $409.99.

5. Speaking of guns...who doesn't want a hairdryer shaped like a Magnum Revolver?! We all need a hairdryer so get the most adorable one you can find.
This particular one has already been sold from Etsy, but I guarantee you can find more if you search hard enough.

6. A MK bag is a must in every girl's purse collection. While a classic Michael Kors is on all of our lists, I think the Kempton Nylon Tote is a must for any busy girl because it's easy to clean. I found a style on Macy's website that I absolutely love that is not available on the MK website, but any of the nylon tote collections are worth the splurge.
Currently on sale at Macy's for $95.99...originally $128.

7. Nude heels are a must in any sophisticated lady's wardrobe because you can do so much with them. I am super picky when it comes to the material on my heels though because I hate that patent leather look...so cheap. Steve Madden is my man when I am looking for a good pair heels though. He just knows what I like, I guess.
These were pinned from Piperlime.

8. Living in Houston now, I have found the necessity of a rain jacket. Do you know how difficult it is to find a rain jacket with a hood that isn't a kids though? Impossible! I don't want anything that's lined or hoodless. I took to Etsy when my search turned up empty in every possible store I could think of in Houston. I found this monogrammed babe and instantly fell in love.
You can find this Lilly inspired rain jacket for $64 here.

9. Gold Sparkly Leggings. Every white girl on the planet just screamed at the top of her lungs. I'm dying to get my hands on a pair of these beauts. For a night on the town or just to dress up a simple top for coffee with your bestie, these leggings are exactly what we all need.
R&M Boutique only has a size medium left in stock for $28, but you can find these in many other online boutiques too.

10. A killer makeup brush collection along with the best mascara money can buy should be at the top of every sassy diva's list. I may be a little biased, but Younique has the best makeup brushes I've  ever used and the 3D Fiber Lash Mascara takes your lashes from average to WOW without extensions and it's all natural...win, win.
 3D Fiber Lash Mascara is $29.
The Complete Brush Collection is $110.

11. I've searched high and low for the perfect pair of dancing boots that are cute too. A few years ago, I bought my first pair of Corral's, and I've been obsessed since. They don't have a large selection of square toes (which I prefer), but the leather soles are absolutely wonderful on the dance floor.
For $296 you can be boot-scootin-boogyin in these square toed Corrals.

12. James Avery has to be one of my favorite jewelry stores, besides Tiffany's and David Yurman of course, however no 20-something should be wearing muli-thousand dollar ring on her hand unless it's her wedding ring. James Avery has the ring that our inner princess is dying for and I think the little crown is too adorable not to add to our jewelry collection.
James Avery's Crown Ring at $69 is one a princess can't pass up.

13. Whether you enjoy a good wine drunk every now and then or you're a lush, investing in a good wine aerator will change your opinion on the taste of wine completely. You don't have to spend a lot for a good one either. You can find a Vinturi for about $20. Texas locals can find them at HEB in the Cook & Grill department.
Vinturi Clear Red Wine Aerator

14. Invest in matching black, white, and nude lingerie sets along with a nightie. As a pre-professional or professional it's good to not be wearing a hot pink glittered thong and leopard bra in an important meeting or interview. And the nightie is good to have when you have guests over or you stay at someone else's house because you can't always sleep naked or be seen in your mismatched, stained pajamas (it's not very grown up). Catch Victoria's Secret during a semi-annual sale (during the 3 J months...January, June, and July), and you can make out like a bandit with all of these things. You might still spend over $100, but you will save a couple hundred and be totally worth it.

15. Last, but not least, you are an adult your home (kitchen) needs to reflect that. Onieda silverware and Corelle dishes should be a staple. You need stuff that will hold up without giving up your personality or breaking the bank. These are perfect gifts to ask for Christmas. What parents/grandparents wouldn't be more proud if you asked for something like this as a gift?!
This Corelle pattern is currently on sale for $63.99...originally $79.99.

Go celebrate my birthday month, and buy a few of these items for yourself...I know I am!! Something on your wish list that wasn't on mine? Comment below with those items...I love to discover new things I just might need!!

-XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment