Thursday, March 27, 2014

We Got Keys

After an eventful, and less than stress-free, day we got keys to our lovely new home. It's a 3 bedroom/2 bath duplex less than a mile from our current apartment. I could not be happier.

Mine and Justin's First Home That We Rented Together in Temple, Texas in March 2014
Our Duplex in Temple

But today has been a hell of a day. This morning we couldn't reach our rental office by phone so we drove across town to find out they wouldn't be in the office for another hour. Justin and I then went to the bank where I was only allowed to withdraw $300 from the ATM and I needed more than that. We then decided to go to breakfast at a cafe I've been dying to try. Megg's Cafe...if you are coming through Temple, I definitely recommend it. It's a cafe that uses only naturally grown and fed products. I had steak and eggs, and it was honestly one of the best steaks I ever had. The prices were average, and actually were less than most places similar to it. It's definitely a place my almost-hippy sister would enjoy. 
Anyways, after breakfast we went back to the office and learned that land lines in Central Texas were having issues, and they were in court and had no idea. So we signed our lease and all of that jazz and were provided our keys. YAY!! We then went to get water turned on and, naturally, SIRI took us to this building in BFE that wasn't the right place. But eventually we found where we needed to be and we will have water tomorrow afternoon. During that fiasco however, I had a slight anxiety attack as I realized I just committed a year of my life to a man whom I don't even have a ring from. As reality sank in, I was overwhelmed. I reassured myself that I wouldn't want to be with anyone else and that this is going to work. Justin thought I was a bit ridiculous and dramatic, but I've never lived with a man before. 
Once we got back to the apartment, I packed up all my cleaning supplies and headed to the new place to clean while Justin gathered friends. I got to the house and realized he still had the guys so I had to turn back. {At this point, I'm not only annoyed, but losing energy quick.} I finally got into the new house and started cleaning when Justin and the roommate showed up where he informed me he got a ticket...again. {This is like the 3rd one in a month.} Now we are back at the apartment packing crap and watching Baylor play. 

All I know is I cannot wait for this move to be over. 

XOXO-
Niki

No comments:

Post a Comment