Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Cohabiting Couple

I have been absolutely horrible about blogging since the move and I swore to myself this would become at least a once a week thing. So hold me accountable...this will become at the very least a once a month thing.

Anyways, today I am sitting in bed DYING from allergies, a migraine, and the worst period of my life. Sorry TMI, I know! Justin has been so great and played with my hair for awhile, was quiet and did homework while I took naps all day, and even...this is a major breakthrough, I am so excited...went over to his friend's house tonight to hang out with them instead of everyone coming here and being loud, messy, and annoying while I am sick. PRAISE JESUS! This boyfriend training thing is going so well. Now if I could just get him to learn how to put a bag back in the trash can after he takes it out, but one battle at time.

This past month has been difficult for us. The price of living in Temple is ridiculous thanks to Scott & White. The house we are living in costs probably around $150-$200 more for something similar in a similar neighborhood in Waco. I've been trying to figure out how to cut my commute back and maybe get a second job, and Justin has been looking for a better job than Academy. I will praise the day we can finally be done with that place. Yes, we met at Academy, but that company suck the life and soul out of a person and makes them miserable.

Then there has been my personal struggles. I moved to a town that I work 41 minutes from, I don't go to school here, and I have yet to find a church here. That makes it impossible for me to make friends which in turn leaves me to "hang out" with Justin and his idiot friends. That is less than ideal from where I'm sitting so I usually wind up in bed at some horribly early time. How do you meet people in a town that you live in without working, worshiping, or going to school in? Easy...you don't. So I have asked my sister to pray for me as I set out to find a church to get plugged into in hopes of making friends because even though I still work in my hometown, I am so homesick. I know that sounds insane but I literally go to work everyday and some straight home so the only friends I see are my coworkers, unless my friends and family come see me at work. I have also considered joining a tennis league here in town to make friends, get back in shape, and give me the ability to start playing again because man, oh man, do I miss the smell of a fresh can of balls being cracked open, the sound of strings breaking, and the overall thrill of the game.

Justin has been an complete blessing to me. I honestly could not tell you where I would be at this very moment with out his love, commitment, motivation, and patience. WOW! Does that man have patience!! I can tell you specifically the TWO times he has been mad at me in the last year, and I have given him plenty of reasons to be mad at me. Don't get me wrong he has been frustrated, annoyed, and wanted to shake the hell out of me plenty of times, but to be mad at me is not his game at all. That man shows the utmost love and gratitude for me. He cherish me, and I pray to God everyday that he never loses that dedication to me. My love languages are attention and words of affirmation. Justin falls short on the affirming me side, but more than makes up for it with attention so I tend to cut him some slack. I just don't think he knows how to express himself, and I can understand that. For a man who would give me the world and all the treasures in it, I can be more than understanding of that.

I am truly the lucky one.

Now off to bed I go to get that much deserved beauty sleep and hopefully get to feeling better.

Sleep Tight! XOXO!

I'm in love with you.

2 comments:

  1. You may not remember me but we met on twitter once an talked about long distance relationships. Anyway I think I remember seeing you moved to temple and the church group I am apart of comes from Waco but they have plants all over the world. We attend antioch college station but there is one in belton I have been too once. http://antiochbelton.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember you!! I did just recently move to Temple. I really appreciate that. I've been to the one in Waco a few time, and I will definitely check out Belton as well. Hope all is well. Be blessed!

      Delete